- VM with Ubuntu (I used v10.04)
- ISO of OnTap (I used v7.3.4)
1. (optional) In a terminal session type in “sudo visudo“, edit the last line from
%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL
%admin ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL
2. Once thats saved, install VMtools and reboot.
3. Attach the OnTap ISO
4. Open a Terminal session and type “sudo su -“
5. Change the directory your in to “/media/CDROM” and type “bash setup.sh -z”
– The simulator will then unpack and return to the command prompt. Once its done, you can then remove the ISO from the CD/DVD drive
6. Your all set! To run the sim just type inside the Terminal “sudo /sim/runsim.sh”. You can also create a launcher on the desktop, just use that command in the “Command” line and change the “Type” to “Application in Terminal”.